The workplace fridge. . . lunch storage, gathering place. . . mold hotspot? The unpleasant but real truth is that many fridges are at risk for mold, both from spoiled food and water leakage. Here are five tips to keep your workplace fridge clean and odor free.
1. Remind employees to clean out thier leftovers in a weekly basis and to label them whenever possible.
2. Place a small container of baking soda in the back of the fridge to absorb odors
3. Clean up spills inside of the fridge and freezer as soon as they occur
4. Have your fridge inspected for leaks and repaired promptly. Water leakage in a refrigerator can lead to mold growth, especially if water collects at the bottom of the refrigerator trays.
5. Keep your fridge at the lowest setting possible–this will conserve energy and will also help to prevent electrical shorts, which can cause food spoilage.
Follow these quick fridge workplace cleaning tips, and you’ll be amazed at the difference that they can make.